QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Monday, October 25, 2010

Turning over a new leaf! A brightly colored Fall Leaf!©

My friends I am writing to you today about Gratitude.
"Gratitude...an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia Aho
I am smiling today...you know why? I felt nearly normal when
I woke up...the day after Jab day!
Ok, my friends will tell you, I am a little wacky and far from
normal. But beside my goofyness, I actually made it through
a weekly injection and wasn't up all night ill from it.
Friends, I slept through the night after the poison/cure!
Almost 5 months in, and I finally made it!
Now, who knows what the week will bring, but I want you all
to never give up. I sure don't. This is the toughest damn thing
I've had to deal with, but when I lose my sense of humor...forget it.
Like my last blog...I resorted to asking the Crazy 8 ball. Sometimes
you just want answers from anything...anyone.
This is what happened to get me here today. I talked to the "Big Guy"
before giving my injection yesterday...just a little pep talk. "Please
help me jab myself and help me tolerate this stuff, and maybe have
a decent week." (Last week I barely could leave the house...I was desperate!)
I. slept. like. a. baby. Like a little baby all cozy wrapped up in a blanket
with my favorite pillows! Ahhhhhh.... I think I may have that conversation
again! What do you think? Ever tried something different when the
same ol' same ol' didn't work. I did. And it worked!
So, My friends, I write to you today with a heart full of hope. HOPE. hope.
Wow. Gratitude is an inner smile shared. Picture this chick smiling to
all of you! All day long. Maybe, just maybe, we will win this battle...
One day at a time. But we have to do it together, with attitude, support,
love, hope, grateful hearts, lots of smiles and appreciation for the little
things in life. Life is for having FUN! I LOVE HAVING FUN, goofing
off, playing games, laughing...I am not giving up who I am...no way, no how!
So today, I turned over a new leaf! Mine is from the orangey - fire red trees!
Awhh....those trees are so beautiful right now. I am going to go find one
on my healing trail and save it to represent my new attitude of GRATITUDE.
Lots of healing hugs,
Alicia
PS - write me anytime - I am here for you! Together, we will give each other
HOPE and smiles and laughter!

No comments: