QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No apologies, no regrets ©

Hello my friends!
I was just watching a show where one of the gals had a surgery and was pondering her
life and said, "now I am not going to do things I used to do that didn't give me much pleasure."
One of the other women on the panel, said, that is how she always has been.
Living and doing everything like she wanted to. Like she needed to. Saying no when she
wanted to say no.
Hmmm.
How many of us feel obliged to say yes all the time? Feel guilty when we say no? I know
I have lived in this life of "if only" or "I wish". But what does that do for us? Nothing.
Adds more guilt, takes moments of our life away that could be filled with joy.
Time is precious, isn't it. I need to spend my time, my precious energy, doing exactly
what I want, what I need to do. Without guilt or remorse.
Having a chronic illness that prevents me from living the life I am planning in my mind
each day is a conundrum. However I was inspired today.
I may not, and you may not be able to live the life you planned on living - So What? We
are living, are we not? Damn! So let's make a pact, from this moment forward ~ do things
you want to do with no apologies, no regrets. If you are sick and can't make it...it is ok.
Your friends and family will understand, or not ~ it doesn't matter. If you have a good heart, your intentions are good and honest, and you are taking care of yourself, say yes to you!
Our lives will become more full, have much more joy, and we can rediscover what we are
all about. Many people go through life not being self-aware...give yourself this gift.
Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: