QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Friday, November 26, 2010

"There is a cure in this box" ©

Hello my friends!
Phew, we had a busy, but joyous Thanksgiving! I hope you did too!
We have much to be grateful for. You know, my friends, I truly
believe that gratitude for the small things, and big things in life,
keeps us sane, healthy and surely happier human beings. Don't you?
With this economic situation continuing for such a long time, I have
found that more people are discussing personal things with one another ~
real personal things...like "I am living paycheck to paycheck", "I don't have
health insurance", "my refrigerator is pretty sparse". One friend said to
me, "you may not have your health, but at least you have money in the bank."
Hmmm...we both shared our serious fears. I just found out my treatments
aren't working, but my company denied me again. So, after 8 months of no
pay, keeping the faith, and working on my wellness - not getting better...I have
no job, no disability pay, no choices at this moment.
But I do. I did. I chose to be grateful for what I have. My friend has her
health, but is afraid of her financial situation. I don't have my health - but
I am starting a brand new treatment! HOPE! I took my first Biologic treatment
last Saturday, and I have my future, my life, riding on the success of this medicine
that I inject in my body once a week. I wrote on the box that came last Saturday -
"There is a cure in this box!" I even got help from the Pharmaceutical company -
they paid my co-pay for six months! GRATITUDE! I didn't get sick from the
medicine! JOY! I saved that for the methotrexate I inject on Sunday nights -
but together they have the best chance of working! That is the chance I am
willing to continue to take.
So, do I lose Faith, yup. In the last 3 years, I have only been able to work full-time
9 months, but been denied disability for the other 2 1/3 years...so I have fear too.
But I get my faith back. I also have resilience, intelligence, gratitude, support and
tons of skills and creativity. I am going to figure this thing out. Some how. I have
to. You know, some people have it far worse, and figure it out. So will I. So can
you. I have children watching, friends cheering me on, my mom supporting me,
needing me now. I can't just give up. Come on now. Neither can you.
So, make a list, my friends - what are you grateful for? What CAN you do? What
makes you happy? Do it! Life is too short to wallow. Life is for living! Life is for
thriving! Yes, even if you have chronic pain, it is hard to walk, exercise, you lost your
careers, you can't keep up with your friends, it is ok. You woke up on the right side
of the daisies. Re-focus, re-group and Live your life -
I am .... I am living like
There is a cure in the box!
Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: