QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So... am I lonely? ©

Hello my friends ~
As you probably have figured out
I write when I am inspired...
tonight, well...let me tell you about it.
My kids are growing up
and they are bright kids.
All they have seen of me is action...
busy, always moving, going, going, going.
My daughter used to wait up for me until 11pm
when I went to college ~ I got my B.S. when she was 5.
My son was 2.
I have always been a "career mom"
balancing both, and luckily for me
I had careers that gave me flexibility
to be able to be there for my kids
for everything.
My careers were very social ones ~
always interacting in person with lots
of people, all day long.
I worked with Presidents of companies,
HR Managers, Doctors, entire departments,
large groups and individuals. My careers introduced
me to so many interesting and diverse people.
As my careers changed, my skills developed
and I was able to be more challenged.
And busy. Very busy. Always on the go.
But that was fine ~ with my mind. Not so much
with my body.
My son and I were talking today. He said something
that has me really, I mean really thinking about it.
He said, "you know Ma, I'm sure you must be pretty
lonely and all..." what? "well, you are always in your
chair (with 2 heating pads on), working on your computer,
or reading, or watching a movie. - that seems pretty lonely
to me." whoa.
Am I lonely? You know, my family is tight, and I love
keeping our home comfy for all of us and our pets. My
extended family isn't close, so I don't have family visiting us.
Honestly, I have been truly working on getting well for nine
months now. I guess I must like myself, cuz I'm not sick of
me yet. :) I have a routine of wellness - my healing trail with
my dog and cat (and sometimes friends), yoga when I can - and
sometimes even at the studio with my peeps.
Writing is good for me. I love writing this blog. I know it
helps people from all over the globe. They tell me. That
is healing.
So, am I lonely... ~ hmmm. I am hopeful that my new meds are going
to get me mobile again. And I am always up for visits - just
know that sometimes they may be short ones.
I miss working most...but I have learned something I always knew
anyway...that if you don't have your health, you don't have anything...
and if you don't have the love of your family and friends, and pets...
well ~ then you must be one lonely person.
So nope, I'm not lonely ~
Just BORED.
Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: