QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting better as I go©

My Friends, how are you doing?
Wow is this a roller coaster ride I am on!?
But then again, aren't we all ~
unless, well, the other option is not too good.
Last time I wrote
My New Reality ©
phew ~ that was so hard to get on paper
but I needed to.
Time has passed
I have reached a new milestone
with my medication, my disease ~
10 weeks with the injection.
Being self aware
and always making observations
sometimes it seems like I am on the periphery
of my own life
When your life gives you a situation
out of your control
and you are a person who loves
to be in control
life gets confusing
and difficult
and the process of observing what is
and comparing it to what was
is overwhelming.
Unless. Unless...
I look at this as my opportunity.
WHAT? Oh, there I go.
Unless ~ somehow, this is a blessing.
Perhaps, just maybe, someone, somewhere
couldn't handle this pain.
Perhaps, just maybe, someone, somewhere
couldn't handle this fatigue.
Lord knows I have built my character
with all of my life's challenges.
But, if my inner strength, my ability
to be an optimist in the middle of hell...
If that is a way that someone is saved
by this disease.
I will learn how to handle it.
My family and friends will help.
So, my friends, am I getting better as I go?
Yeah. Better. Wiser. Stronger.
Is my pain gone? No. Fatigue gone? No.
I am just trying to figure out how to play this
hand that life has dealt me.
Healing hugs.
Alicia

4 comments:

Lyn Rozier said...

Says it all honey.....and I am so with you on your journey...strength in numbers! Healing hugs and much love xxx

Alicia said...

We can get through it ... together! xo

Anonymous said...

Whenever I feel down about the pain I remember you. Reading your messages puts the grin back on my face!

Alicia said...

Susan ~ Now that inspires me to write again ... and puts a smile on my face.