QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The varied shades of life ©

Hello my friends!
Hope you are well this week!
Autumn is in its full splendor
here in New England!
As I walk on my Healing Trail ~
everyday is a new journey.
no matter how long or short
my trip is...it is beautiful.
I've been getting a little used to
this up and down life of mine.
Kind of.
I heard someone read Dickens'
"It was the best of times...
it was the worse of times..."
I could really identify.
But to explain it ... well, I've been trying.
How am I doing?
Are you getting it?
I truly wake up everyday
and pray for the strength to be positive
to embrace whatever I have been blessed with.
To enjoy my moments...every one of them.
So far, so good.
It is a joy to shop for an hour with a friend!
To play cards with my son.
Sunday family dinners with all of us!
I am getting there!
Where, you say?
I don't know.
A little is given
A lot is taken.
I am reading "Eat Pray Love"
and there is a part about her needing to be in control.
She wants a date and time for when her situation is over.
Her friend says "you are a Control Freak"!
Yup, that is me.
I want to know when I am going to feel normal.
Ok...now I know I won't, I have a new normal...
so, when is that going to be ok?
And when can I consistently have a life?
Make plans and keep them?
Wake up and not be stiff and in pain all day?
Do yoga again and know how far I can walk?
Tell me please....
someone.
anyone.
I would appreciate it.
If not ~ than I guess I have to go get ...
a crazy 8 ball....
remember those?
Honestly...
All I want is my regular ol' life back.
Pretty please.
with sugar on top.
Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: