QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Smile ~ it makes you feel good, and it is contagious :)

Hello my friends!
Phew, the top ten list was a lot of fun~
and a great committment to you.

Now, this week, I am going to share
a little something my mom read to me
when she was my "blog consultant"
(it is an official title, you know ;) )

When I was reading one of my blogs
to my mom...
I had said to smile, it would make you feel good,
and that it is contagious.
She said...wait...wait...I have a poem for you.
Here it is...from my mom ~
Enjoy!  It is fantastic!

SMILING IS INFECTIOUS

Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling, too.
I passed around the corner,
and someone saw my grin,
when he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile,
then realized its worth.
A single smile just like mine
could travel 'round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected.
~Author Unknown

Healing Hugs,

Alicia

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This was my Mom's favorite poem. We included it in her cards for everyone at her Service. My Mom (also my "official Blog Consultant") passed away Sept 4th, 2011. She made so many people smile...and brought joy to all- through all of her pain. I aspire to have her strength and attitude.
~ alicia