QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life Happened...now what? Choices: 2. ~ Give life your all or give up ©

"Never, never, never, never give up" ~ Winston Churchill

My friends, that is a quote that always reminds me of my
son...who never, ever gives up.   He inspires me.

We all can find people in our lives who inspire us,
ones who help keep us going one more day.

I promised you I would continue this blog with my
top 10 Choices...Life Happened...now what?

These days, we all have many reasons to give up.
Especially if you, like me, had your life turned upside down.

You may have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis...
have to take harsh medicine which take perhaps a year to work...
all the while, you are sick and feel like giving up.

Don't.   I didn't.    I almost did though.

In the meantime, you may have had to take time off from work
to get well...and maybe your company "let you go"...
and you absolutely feel like giving up.

Don't.  I didn't.   I almost did though.

As you start to feel better with your medicine regimen,
your tests come back that you have an inflamed liver
and your heart is not acting right...
Now, you are ready to throw in the towel...
to really give up...

Don't.  I didn't.   I almost did though.

You give life your all ~ eating right, exercising,
resting, living by the golden rule,
and your medical news keeps knocking you down...
and you and your partner can't understand what more
you can do to beat this thing...

Don't give up.   We aren't...

I wake up everyday grateful ~
grateful for a trip to see my ma,
for a movie with my dude, to have a great talk
with my geel, to show the boyz how to cook,
to laugh with family and friends, walk with my pets,
to schnuggle with my brit, pray to my angels, and to share
with all of you...

Yeah, I could give up...
But I'd miss all that good stuff.

Healing hugs,

Alicia

No comments: