QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Sunday, July 25, 2010

View from my perspective

Hello my friends - I am sitting here listening to my new Lady Gaga CD ~ Sitting on a heating pad with my Diet Coke with Lemon. Life is good. Really, I am looking at mountains, at my dog Tyler and learning how to relax. Key word ~ learning. Do I really relax? Hmmm - I have 8 books around me, I am writing a book and my brain doesn't slow down. This is not good for me. Or is it. From my perspective, slowing down is giving up. However, I have slowed down, don't misunderstand that. Not working is killing me. Not to mention adding a tremendous stress...but that is for another time. I know many people with Chronic Illness understand what I am talking about with the inability to know from one day to another if you can work full time. Of course, that leads to financial worries. I digress. Resting is doctor ordered. So is exercise. I have ordered coaching, writing a book, developing a Teen Coaching program (which is on my 3rd year), and now I have been invited to become a Peer Coach at a very prestigious hospital in Boston. So what is my point this week. I don't know. HA! Hope. I did go to the Rheumy and he is confident that I won't be deformed by this disease! YAY! He has 8 more meds we can try if this medicine doesn't work ( we can start with going to injection mtx next). He really feels that we can win this battle. Hope! I brought him my coaching information as well as a Seminar for people with Chronic Illness that I am beginning. He was glad to review it because he believes in the mind/body wellness! Now that is my kind of doctor! It is actually at their Hospital where I was approached to be a Peer Coach. Trust me, my friends, it has been a tough week ~ I don't know why I have been crying a lot. But I wanted to write about new ideas. About hope. About seeing opportunities as exactly what they are ~ great opportunities. Make sure, everyday my friends, you look at your life ~ and never overlook the small blessings and hope. Some weeks it may seem like you ended up with a negative tally ~ I want you to re~review your week. That is what I just did. I had a really rough week...but I walked, I did yoga, I saw friends, my doctor gave me hope, my mom supported me when I cried. My big brother from Jersey called me several times and kept it real and gave me some great ideas to relax ~ he gets it that I don't know how to relax...he listened. My kids came home, my family is wonderful. I am blessed. I have hope. So do you. Together me and you on this journey ~ we will thrive ~ I promise you that. I will not ever give up. Healing hugs~ Alicia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this one. Very inspiring and gave me lots of hope. I know why you cried; anyone that has any autoimmune disease understands totally. It's a good thing to get it out from time to time. You are going to make it gal! xxxooo