QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Monday, August 29, 2011

Clearing the debris from my healing trail...and my mind©

Hello my friends
A hurricane came by for a visit yesterday...
wreaked a little havok~
and now, we are picking up the pieces
left behind.

As I walked along my healing trail today
with my dog, Tyler and cat, Sassy ~
and my walking stick ~
helping me clear the debris from the trail~
my healing trail~

I couldn't help but think of all of you.
All of us.
Life.

We all get hit by storms in our lives~
sometimes, a little rain storm blows over...
no big deal.
We can handle it.  
We don't need "life tools" to help us with those.

But sometimes, we get hit with Hurricanes in life~
sometimes life even throws us a tornado during it.
Throw in a flood, lightning strike and BAM ~
What the heck.   WE don't know WHAT to do.

I am talking about life situations...and they are happening~
to all.of.us.  Everyday.
Jobs.  Relationships.   Fears.   Housing.  College.
Career changes.    Parents aging.   
Finally, our own health...it is in a scary place.  
For me, I have all of the above...and with only being 44,
I have had to learn fast ~
To build tools for my "life's toolbox"©

Think of the debris that gets in the way everyday when you wake...
worry, fear, anxiety...
If you let it ~
if we let it.

Or, you can get a walking stick...and gently brush it away.
Build a support system, faith, friends that truly understand,
brush away your fears, branch by branch -
leaf by leaf...in your way...
on your healing trail.
To peace of mind ~ and better health.

Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: