QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life Happened...now what? Choices: 9. Live in faith ~ or ~ live in fear of your future©

Hello again my friends!
I hope you are doing ok,
hanging in there and
utilizing some of the tools
in the blog that we are sharing.

I am trying to finish up the top 10
and get to some of your ideas for topics!

So, here we are...
together again ~
and we have a couple of choices
all. the. time.

Fear or Faith.

Now I don't mean you have to believe in God
or any Religious being...that isn't what this is about.

To me, this disease is so all encompassing,
taking on so many areas of my life ~
how about you?
If I didn't have faith, for instance, in my Doctors ~
I'd be in big trouble...

and yet, I have fear too ~
but it is a 4 letter word, fear is.
It can take a calm moment
and spin it out of control.

When you list out the things we think about
from the second we wake up...
if we didn't keep some kind of faith,
I don't know about you, but I'd stay in bed.

Like, faith that even though when I wake up
I can't walk well, and put my full weight on my feet
or hips...
I have faith that with my food and medicine
and time,
I will "ungel" and move a bit better in a few hours.

When I get stabbing pain in my lower back
and I can't stand up straight ~
I have to have faith that it will pass
Or I will just cry in pain and fear that I will be cripple.

Every morning my hands hardly close and are numb ~
with fear, now come on ~ we could come up with doozies ~
But I now wake my hands up slowly, every single day...
they wake up first...and dance a special dance...
I guess I should call them my dance of faith~
that once I do this and they have time and medicine
I can use them again later.

My foggy brain, my fatigue, my memory
it is freakin' me out, quite frankly...
I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about.
What are we going to do about it?
Use some of my other tools, and have faith, right? right.

Changing my medicines again ~
Ok, I am a little afraid ~ so I am not starting it yet.
I am getting educated, praying, talking to my other Doc
and when I feel comfortable ~ I will make a decision
to be a guinea pig again...I mean, try ANOTHER medicine.

Rheumatoid Arthritis is a tough foe...
But we are tougher, aren't we?
Well, we have a lot on our plates everyday
but if we live more in faith, than fear...
our lives will be more enriched and we will thrive.

Healing hugs,

~alicia

No comments: