QUOTES

"Live life on purpose ~ not by accident" ~ Alicia

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
-- Author Unknown

"A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waldrip

"Set your goals high and don't be deterred by those who say it is impossible." ~ Steve Fossett

"Our Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
Jamie Paolinetti

"A day without laughter ~ is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"Gratitude is an inner smile shared" ~ Alicia

Friday, September 10, 2010

What RA has given ~ what has it taken away? ©

My friends ~ by now you are getting to know me a little.
Poems just flow from my fingers, so here goes...
one for my friends and family.
RA has given me answers as to why I am so sick
and taken away the questions as to what is so wrong
RA has given me a needle to take
but has taken away my fear to do it myself
RA has given me a world that is very small
and yet has taken away the boundries of communication all around the globe
Rheumatoid Arthritis has forced me to take care of myself
and yet, two careers were taken while listening to my doctor
RA has given me time on my hands
but has taken away my full ability to use them
RA has deepened friendships that take the time to understand
and also taken away family and friends that didn't.
RA has given me humility
and taken away my pride
RA has given me lots of time with ice on my shoulder and heat on my back
and taken away the ability to travel freely and joyfully without pain
RA has given me perspective, hope, new friends, deeper love
and taken away ~ little by little ~ my fear of asking for help.
Healing hugs,
Alicia

No comments: